Have you ever noticed, with the exception of identical twins, that no two chldren look exactly alike? Are you aware that even in identical twins, the fingerprints differ? Personality is another chractreistc that is unique to each child. I created this blog to explore those differneces and to help parents learn how to relate with each child in the most effective way.

Friday, November 11, 2005

What are your kids l

What are your kids listening too?
By Ginger reeves

  I have been a listener of Christian radio for 5 years or so.  I do this so I will be ?transformed by the renewing of [my] mind? Rom 12:2.  I want to fill my mind and heart with Godly things.  Matthew 12:34b says, ?For out of the mouth the overflow of the heart speaks.?   As a parent, and a Christian, I am very concerned about the types of music my kids listen to.

This being said, I do not understand why parents, especially Christian moms and dads, allow their children to listen to music with lyrics like:

?kiss this, and I don?t mean on my rosy red lips?  Aaron Tippin

?pour me, pour me, pour me another shot of whiskey? Trick Pony

?let me hear a big h*** yeah from redneck women like me; H*** YEAH!? Gretchen Wilson

?tequila makes her clothes fall off? Joe Nichols

According to Matthew 12:37 we will be acquitted or convicted by our words.  Why then would we intentionally fill our children, or ourselves, with words that will convict us when we stand before God in judgment day?  A few chapters later, Matthew 15:11, Jesus tells the Pharisees that what goes into a mans? mouth does not make him unclean, but what comes out.

If the mouth speaks an overflow from the heart and what it speaks can make us unclean and has the power to convict us on judgment day, what would not want to fill our children?s heart and mouths (as well as out own) with things that please and glorify God?  I am not saying all country music is bad or evil, but that we as parents have an awesome responsibility to monitor what we allow our children to hear and be filled with.  

If you are a country music fan, and I am, I highly recommend as alternatives to traditional country music, Randy Travis and Susie Luchsinger.  Randy became an believer 5 years ago or so and Susie is Reba McEntire?s sister and has been performing Christian country music for years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home